English Education Undergraduate Advising
General Undergraduate Advising Information
- If you are a first-year student...
- Please contact the CHSS Advisement Center -- (770) 794-7728
- If you are an undergraduate or transfer student...
Applying to the Teacher Education Program
English Ed Advising Information
- English Education Course Requirements Checklist
- Sample Four-Year Degree Program
- Educator Preparation Program Policies
Yearlong Clinical Experience (YCE) 1 and 2
The yearlong clinical experience takes place during your senior year with the following standard sequence of coursework:
ENED 4414: Teaching ELA I (3 hrs)
ENED 4650: Yearlong Clinical Experience I (6 hrs)
INED 3305: Students with Exceptionalities I (2 hrs)
INED 4435: Teaching Engish Learners I (1 hr)
ENED 4416: Teaching ELA II (3 hrs)
ENED 4660: Yearlong Clinical Experience II (6 hrs)
INED 3306: Students with Exceptionalities II (1 hr)
INED 4436: Teaching Engish Language Learners II (2 hrs)
KSU Field Experiences Handbook
KSU Field Experiences Handbook (on CEPP website)
Student Evaluation Forms for Collaborating Teachers
All field experience forms for Supervisors, CTs, and students are administered through Chalk & Wire.
- CAPS and CAR forms (Word docs; for reference only)
- Lesson Plan Format for Formal Observations
- Observation Summary Form
Eligibility for YCE
To be eligible for YCE, you must have
- been admitted to Teacher education (see above)
- preservice certification
- at least a 2.75 GPA
- completed all other pre-YCE-year coursework
Applying for YCE
- Complete the YCE online application. Please print a copy of your confirmation email and submit it to Ms. Rhonda Nemeth in the English dept office, EB 155. Deadline: Jan. 29.
- Complete the CEPP YCE Field Placement Request. Deadline: Feb. 5 (available Jan 15)
See the CEPP page for more information about clinical Experience Placements.
Petitioning to Graduate: You must petition to graduate during the semester before your graducation semester; this link provides more information.