B.A. in Philosophy
The program of study in philosophy offers a Bachelor of Arts degree. All majors take several general requirements, including a foreign language through FL 2002 and a three-hour senior seminar. Philosophy majors are expected to demonstrate:
- General knowledge of philosophical traditions and their social and historical contexts;
- Knowledge of varied philosophical questions, problems, and issues; relevant social and historical contexts; and various methodological approaches to them;
- Ability to conduct philosophical research;
- Ability to read and think critically; and
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
For more information on specific classes, see our Philosophy degree information in the KSU Undergraduate Catalog.