Welcome to the Department of History and Philosophy at Kennesaw State University! Do human nature and the human past fascinate you? Do you want to get the "big picture"? Does the idea of a career in business, law, government, international business, education, research, public history or historic preservation intrigue you? Consider one of the majors offered by the Department of History and Philosophy. We offer B.A. degrees in History or Philosophy, and a B.S. degree in History Education. You can minor in either History or Philosophy, and you can earn a certificate in Public History. These pages introduce our faculty, describe our courses and programs, and provide resources for faculty and students.
- History Major wins Award for Excellence in Student Research
- Public History Program Wins Award for Local History Advocacy
- Dr. Akanmu Adebayo - Distingushied International Achievement Award
- @KSUConflict wins BIG at Kennesaw State University Annual Awards Ceremony
- Feb20"The Geometry of Power: Pre-Cartesian Numeracy in the Written Military Revolution, 1450-1600" - Brown Bag Lecture Series Time: 12:30 pm Location: Social Sciences Building, Room 5074
- Mar19History Brown Bag Lecture: Remonstrants in the Seventeenth-Century Dutch Republic... Time: 12:30 pm Location: Social Sciences Building, Room 5074