Welcome to the Department of History and Philosophy at Kennesaw State University! Do human nature and the human past fascinate you? Do you want to get the "big picture"? Does the idea of a career in business, law, government, international business, education, research, public history or historic preservation intrigue you? Consider one of the majors offered by the Department of History and Philosophy. We offer B.A. degrees in History or Philosophy, and a B.S. degree in History Education. You can minor in either History or Philosophy, and you can earn a certificate in Public History. These pages introduce our faculty, describe our courses and programs, and provide resources for faculty and students.
- Recent Faculty Publications by Kennesaw State History and History Education Faculty
- Dr. La Shonda Mims' article published in The Journal of Women's History.
- History Major wins Award for Excellence in Student Research
- Public History Program Wins Award for Local History Advocacy
- Jan29"Concerning Aesthetic Attitudes: Kant and Confucius on Emulation and Evaluation" Time: 12:30 pm Location: Burrus Building, Room 114
- Feb04Resume Writing Workshop for Philosophy Majors and Minors Time: 12:30 pm Location: Social Sciences Building, room 5074
- Feb20"The Geometry of Power: Pre-Cartesian Numeracy in the Written Military Revolution, 1450-1600" - Brown Bag Lecture Series Time: 12:30 pm Location: Social Sciences Building, Room 5074