Welcome to the official website of the School of Communication & Media at Kennesaw State University. If you are new to our community, this site will tell you about our mission, focus and curriculum and guide you to some useful resources to investigate the dynamic field of communication. We offer courses that expose students to the art and science of communication and prepare them to achieve fulfilling careers in media, journalism, public relations, organizational communication and other communication areas. Our courses lead to a Bachelor of Science in Journalism and Emerging Media,Media & Entertainment Studies, Organizational & Professional Communication or Public Relations.
- School Radio Lab Named for RADIO PERSONALITY RHUBARB JONES
- 2018 Public Speaking Showcase Winners
- Atlanta Journalists Encourage Students to Follow Their Passions
- Dr. Carolyn Carson honored at the Young Lawyers Club in Atlanta on Dec. 7
No Events are currently scheduled.
Summer and Fall Courses are found under the following prefixes:
- COM (Communication)
- JOUR (Journalism & Emerging Media)
- PR (Public Relations)
- MENT (Media & Entertainment)
- ORGC (Organizational & Professional Communication)
Effective August 11, 2017, the Entrance Exam score was raised to 78% (NEW) or higher, along with an adjusted GPA requirement in five Area F SOCM courses of 2.75 or higher to qualify to major in Journalism and Emerging Media, Media and Entertainment Studies, Organizational & Professional Communication or Public Relations.
- COM 2135 Summer Drop-in Sessions
- SOCM Majors: Entrance Exam Information
- Looking for an Internship? Check out our blog.
- Student Adobe Workshops
- Undergraduate Program Admission Application
- Override Request Form
- Internship Information
- Digital Media Lab
(Lab Hours & Information)
- Applying to Major in Communication, Public Relations, or Journalism and Emerging Media
- Student Media
- Center for Sustainable Journalism