Welcome to the official website of the School of Communication & Media at Kennesaw State University. If you are new to our community, this site will tell you about our mission, focus and curriculum and guide you to some useful resources to investigate the dynamic field of communication. We offer courses that expose students to the art and science of communication and prepare them to achieve fulfilling careers in media, journalism, public relations, organizational communication and other communication areas. Our courses lead to a Bachelor of Science in Communication, Journalism and Emerging Media, or Public Relations.
We are working to restore the News service. Thank you for your patience.
No Events are currently scheduled.
Summer and Fall Courese are found under the following prefixes:
- COM (Communication)
- JOUR (Journalism & Emerging Media)
- PR (Public Relations)
- MENT (Media & Entertainment)
- ORGC (Organizational & Professional Communication)
Effective August 11, 2017, the Entrance Exam score was raised to 78% (NEW) or higher, along with an adjusted GPA requirement in five Area F SOCM courses of 2.75 or higher to qualify to major in Communication, Public Relations or Journalism and Emerging Media.
- COM 2135 Spring Drop-in Sessions
- SOCM Majors: Entrance Exam Information
- Looking for an Internship? Check out our blog.
- Student Adobe Workshops
- Undergraduate Program Admission Application
- Override Request Form
- Internship Information
- Digital Media Lab
(Lab Hours & Information)
- Applying to Major in Communication, Public Relations, or Journalism and Emerging Media
- Student Media
- Center for Sustainable Journalism