Welcome to the official website of the School of Communication & Media at Kennesaw State University. If you are new to our community, this site will tell you about our mission, focus and curriculum and guide you to some useful resources to investigate the dynamic field of communication. We offer courses that expose students to the art and science of communication and prepare them to achieve fulfilling careers in media, journalism, public relations, organizational communication and other communication areas. Our courses lead to a Bachelor of Science in Journalism and Emerging Media,Media & Entertainment Studies, Organizational & Professional Communication or Public Relations.
- School Radio Lab Named for RADIO PERSONALITY RHUBARB JONES
- 2018 Public Speaking Showcase Winners
- Atlanta Journalists Encourage Students to Follow Their Passions
- Dr. Carolyn Carson honored at the Young Lawyers Club in Atlanta on Dec. 7
DON’T MISS IT! The SOCM’s fifth annual War of the Words writing competition on Tuesday, Nov., 13 at 5 p.m. Showcase your writing skills for the chance to win $500, $300, or $100. Click here for more information and registration form or stop by the SOCM office, SO 5106.
Attend one of the upcoming workshops to learn more about using Adobe Creative Cloud!
- Wednesday, Oct. 24, 12:30 p.m., Design a Poster in Adobe InDesign
- Nov. 8, 5 p.m., Quick Social Media Graphics Using Adobe Spark Post
- Nov. 13, 10 a.m., Create an Online Portfolio Using Adobe Portfolio
All workshops will be held in SO 5105. Bring your laptop or use the Macs in the lab.
- COM 2135 Drop-in Sessions
- SOCM Majors: Entrance Exam Information
- Looking for an Internship? Check out our blog.
- Student Adobe Workshops
- Undergraduate Program Admission Application
- Override Request Form
- Graduate Course Override Request Form
- Internship Information
- Digital Media Lab
(Lab Hours & Information)
- Applying to Major in Communication, Public Relations, or Journalism and Emerging Media
- Student Media
- Center for Sustainable Journalism