Welcome to the official website of the School of Communication & Media at Kennesaw State University. If you are new to our community, this site will tell you about our mission, focus and curriculum and guide you to some useful resources to investigate the dynamic field of communication. We offer courses that expose students to the art and science of communication and prepare them to achieve fulfilling careers in media, journalism, public relations, organizational communication and other communication areas. Our courses lead to a Bachelor of Science in Journalism and Emerging Media,Media & Entertainment Studies, Organizational & Professional Communication or Public Relations.
- School Radio Lab Named for RADIO PERSONALITY RHUBARB JONES
- 2018 Public Speaking Showcase Winners
- Atlanta Journalists Encourage Students to Follow Their Passions
- Dr. Carolyn Carson honored at the Young Lawyers Club in Atlanta on Dec. 7
If you would like one-on-one assistance downloading Adobe CC, SOCM faculty and students are invited to drop by one of the following Adobe Help Desk Sessions in the Digital Media Lab (5105):
- Monday, Oct. 15 from 8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 17 from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 18 from 5 - 6 p.m.
*Please bring your laptop to the Adobe Help Desk Session so that you can download the software directly to your computer.
Looking for your final fall class? Registration reopens August 1.
Now is the time to choose that final SOCM course you need for fall. By Aug. 4, under-enrolled classes will be cancelled, so make your selection early.
Look for courses under all five SOCM prefixes--COM, ORGC, JOUR, MENT and PR.
Here are some classes available to undeclared majors (freshmen and sophomores):
- COM 2129/08 Public Speaking
- COM 2020/01, 05, 06
- CSI: COM Sources & Investigations
- COM 3315/02 Interviewing
- ORGC 2205/01, 02 Introduction to Organizational Communication
- JOUR 3330/05 News Reporting and Writing
- PR 3335/01 Public Relations Principles
Open seats may still be available for SOCM majors. Check out these classes and others on the fall schedule.
- COM 4480/02 Communication Theory
- JOUR 3340/02 & 06 Digital Media Production
- JOUR 4450/01 Video New Production
- MENT 3100/02 Fundamentals of Media & Entertainment Studies
- ORGC 3325/01 Intercultural Communication
- ORGC 4440/02 Leadership Communication
- PR 4405/01, 02, & 03 Digital Publication Design
- PR 4460/02 Crisis Communication
Prepare now to register starting August 1!
- COM 2135 Drop-in Sessions
- SOCM Majors: Entrance Exam Information
- Looking for an Internship? Check out our blog.
- Student Adobe Workshops
- Undergraduate Program Admission Application
- Override Request Form
- Internship Information
- Digital Media Lab
(Lab Hours & Information)
- Applying to Major in Communication, Public Relations, or Journalism and Emerging Media
- Student Media
- Center for Sustainable Journalism