Ready to take the next step and apply? We look forward to working with you during the application process.
Admission requirements for the MPA Program
MPA Program admission requires:
- Undergraduate Degree - A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with at least 2.75 grade point average;
- Graduate Application - Submission of an application to the Office of Graduate Admissions and a non-refundable application fee; International students must also provide satisfactory TOEFL or IETLS scores;
- Graduate Admissions Test - Scores from a standardized graduate admission test, such as GRE, MAT, GMAT or LSAT. Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU. -OR- Obtain an GRE waiver.
- Statement of Purpose - Submit a statement of purpose essay of approximately 1,000 words addressing the following questions: "In what way do you expect the Master of Public Administration degree to affect or enhance your career goals and aspirations?
- Résumé - A current résumé;
- Recommendations - Two letters of recommendation from faculty or work supervisors with direct knowledge of the applicant that address the applicant's potential for graduate study and use of an MPA degree.
Students are admitted to the program based upon an overall review of all credentials that indicates potential success in graduate work and in professional public service.Apply Now
Up to nine semester hours of graduate work from other accredited institutions may be transferred. To be transferred, course work from other institutions must correspond to Kennesaw State University’s MPA curriculum. Students will need to provide course descriptions and syllabi wherever possible, and the amount of credit granted will be at the discretion of the program director. Such course work may be no more than five years old.