Office of Undergraduate Research Grant Opportunities
The Office of Undergraduate Research provides funding opportunities to promote high-quality undergraduate student-faculty collaborative research and scholarship in all disciplines across campus.
Funding for Faculty
- Creative Activities and Research Experiences for Teams (CARET) is designed to encourage and support faculty engagement in research or creative activities with undergraduate student collaborators using a team approach. The deadline is generally in the early part of the Spring semester. The next deadline is: February 21, 2020.
- The First-Year Scholars Program program is designed to pair first-year students who are interested in research with faculty mentors who will guide them on research in their respective disciplines. Deadline is September 15, 2019.
- The Outstanding Undergraduate Research Mentor Award, which is given to a KSU faculty or staff member who exhibits sustained exceptional mentoring of undergraduate researchers at KSU. Deadline is February 28, 2020.
Funding for Undergraduate Researchers
There are various funding opportunities to support undergraduate student researchers:
- Undergraduate Research & Creative Activities (URCA) Grants: Undergraduate students can apply for up to $1000 per year to help with travel expenses or research supplies/materials to conduct research. There are 3 deadlines throughout the year.
- National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) Travel Grants: Undergraduate researchers who have been accepted to present their scholarship at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research are eligible to apply for the funds.
- Council on Undergraduate Research: Offer travel grants in a variety of disciplines.
- Graduation Cords for Undergraduate Researchers: Students who have presented their scholarship at the Symposium of Student Scholars, received funding for their research and presented at a local, national or international conference are eligible to receive a free cord.