AdvisingWho Should I See: A Faculty Advisor or Professional Advisor?
- Alternative Teacher Preparation - Karen Graf
- Chinese – Dr. Wenhua Jin and Dr. Louis Liuxi Meng
- Critical Languages (Arabic, Hebrew & Russian) – Dr. Noah McLaughlin
- European Studies - firstname.lastname@example.org
- FLED: French, German, Spanish - Karen Graf
- French (1000 & 2000-level courses) – Dr. Luc Guglielmi
- French (3000 & 4000-level courses) – Dr. Lucie Viakinnou-Brinson
- German – Dr. Sabine Smith
- Italian – Dr. Federica Santini
- Japanese – Dr. Kathy Negrelli
- Korean – Dr. Jeongyi Lee
- Portuguese – Dr. Robert Simon
- Spanish – Dr. Anja Bernardy (Advising Coordinator)
CHSS Undergraduate Advising Center
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences Undergraduate Advising Center serves students who have declared a major, minoring, an interest, or are considering a major, in the College. We assist students with appropriate course selection, fulfilling general education requirements, understanding pre-requisite requirements for their major, creating academic plans, and finding and referring students to other campus resources for their academic success.
Lower-division Language Coordinators
- Arabic, Hebrew & Russian - Dr. Noah McLaughlin
- French - Dr. Luc Guglielmi
- German - Stefanie Würtz-Hurley
- Italian - Dr. Federica Santini
- Portuguese - Dr. Robert Simon
- Spanish – Alan Watts & Patricia Wood
Concentration Checklists for Modern Language & Culture Majors
Foreign Language Education (FLED) Resources
Students pursuing a degree in Modern Language & Culture with a concentration in Foreign Language Education (Concentration II: Teacher Certification in Foreign Languages) can find a wealth of resources by following the link below.
Alternative Teacher Preparation Resources
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program - New $3,000 Critical Need Language Supplement available to students studying a critical need language.
National Security Education Program (NSEP) - NSEP Boren Scholarships provide funding for summer, semester, or yearlong study in areas of the world that are critical to U.S. national security, but are underrepresented in study abroad.