Virtual Conversation Tables
For the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester, all conversation tables will be online. Most virtual conversation tables are organized by specially-trained student assistants in the Foreign Language Resource Collection, who use Google Hangouts to host the events.
In order to join an online conversation table:
- Review the schedule and select your language below
- In the email that pops up, identify yourself and request an invitation
- Wait for the organizer to send you a link
- Click and enjoy!
ChineseTuesdays 2:00 - 3:00
FrenchWednesdays & Thursdays 12:30 - 1:30
GermanTuesdays 3:30 - 4:30 & Thursdays 8 - 9 pm
ItalianWednesdays 1:00 - 2:00
JapaneseMondays 2:00 - 3:00
KoreanWednesdays 12:30 - 1:30
RussianMondays 11:00 - 12:00
SpanishTuesdays 12:00 - 1:00 & Wednesdays 2:00 - 3:00
- Test your microphone and camera before you join
- Use a headset or headphones.
- Look at the camera. Place the video as close to your camera as possible
- Speak clearly and be patient.
- Mute the camera to help with a slow connection.
- Mute your audio when you’re not speaking. This lessens background noise and helps everyone else hear clearly