German StudiesCONTACT US German Tutoring German Club Study Abroad
The second largest in Georgia and the largest in Metro Atlanta, KSU’s German Studies is a dynamic, student-centered program with award-winning, faculty, staff, and students who are invested in each student’s academic education and professional preparation. The American Association of Teachers of German designated KSU German Studies a national German Center of Excellence.
We offer German as a major or a minor.
The B.A. in Modern Language and Culture has four concentrations to choose from:
- Second Language and Culture
- Teacher Certification in Foreign Language (FLED)
- Applied Business
- Cross-disciplinary Perspectives
Check out the course catalog to find out about which German courses are offered at Kennesaw State by searching the prefix GRMN.
The German Club at Kennesaw State University, a student run organization, provides students with opportunities to expand their knowledge of the German language and culture by coordinating and hosting German cultural events on a weekly and monthly basis.
KSU’s Upsilon Alpha chapter of Delta Phi Alpha National German Honor Society
You are invited to apply for membership if you have met the following criteria:
- Sophomore Status
- Modern Language and Culture/German Studies major or minor
- Currently enrolled in an upper-level German Studies course
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Completed a minimum of 30 hours of German Studies related community engagement
- Continued interest in the study of German language, literature, and culture
- Ability to attend the induction ceremony in person
Study Abroad & Internship Opportunities
The best way to learn a language is through immersion and there is no better place to immerse oneself than in a country where the target language is spoken.
Not only does Kennesaw State have partner universities in Germany, but there are many other opportunities for our students to go abroad:
- 1 or 2 semester-long study/work abroad programs
- Summer study abroad programs
- Summer internship programs
- Faculty led short-term excursions
- Exchange programs
- Domestic living with Germans experience
Learn more about studying abroad
Deutsche WelleOnline resources for language learning
Goethe InstitutPromoting the study of German abroad and encouraging international cultural exchange.
Tagesschau in 100 SekundenDaily News in 100 Seconds
Project GutenbergOver 58,000 free eBooks! Choose among epub and Kindle formats; download them or read them online.
Suitemate und Peer-Buddy ProgrammBeing a KSU “Suitemate” or “Peer Buddy” is a fun way to meet and make German friends!
American Association of Teachers of GermanDedicated to promoting and improving the teaching of German language, literature, and culture.
German-American Chamber of CommerceA private, non-profit organization and serves as the official representative of German industry and trade in the Southern U.S.