From Conflict to Strength: Working with Millennials and a Multicultural Workforce
This 3.5 hour workshop will be divided into two sessions:
1) Intercultural Conflict and the Immigrant Workforce and 2) Intergenerational Conflict and Millennials.
Session 1: Intercultural Conflict and the Immigrant Workforce
From 9:00am- 10:30am. Taught by Darina Lepadatu, Ph.D.
Intersectionality of race/ ethnicity with gender, age, religion, etc...
Challenges of immigrant workforce
Lessons learned from case studies
Session 2: Intergenerational Conflict and Millennials
From 11:00am- 12:30pm. Taught by Cynthia LeMay, MBA, Ph.D. Candidate
- Intergenerational conflict
- Generations at work with a focus on Millennials
- Effective workplace strategies to attract, retain and motivate Millennials
- Lessons learned from case studies
Darina Lepadatu, Ph.D. Professor of Sociology, School of Conflict Management, Peacebuilding and Development
Cynthia LeMay, MBA. Ph.D. Candidate. Former Vice President at Principal Financial Group with more than 20 years experience in Human Resources and Benefits Administration
Date: October 2, 2020
Registration Deadline September 30, 2020
- General Public: $200
- Early Bird (before September 15, 2020): $175
- USG Employees: $150