B.S. Interactive Design
The Bachelor of Science in Interactive Design provides students with an interdisciplinary, hands-on approach to developing the technical, theoretical, and problem solving skills needed to serve as interaction designers and user interface designers.
We believe that design is a process and not a product. To us, design isn't something you apply to the look of a product or service. Rather, design happens at every stage of the process, from opening planning meetings to screen-based deliverables.
In the degree, students:
- create a well-rounded portfolio of screen-based interactive designs
- learn about design from problem solving and human-centered design orientations
- learn how to work on design teams
- learn how to explain their designs to other people
- learn computational thinking and some front-end coding
Our ultimate goal is to create designers who are good problem solvers, communicators, and listeners. The emphasis here is on creating well-rounded designers who are suited to meet the growing marketplace need for interactive design.