Course of Study
The primary objective of the MSCM is to produce students who:
- Understand the nature of conflict from the perspective of multiple disciplines
- Understand the continuum of responses to conflict
- Possess the necessary skills to facilitate the management of various types of conflict
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and research conflict in an organizational environment
- Demonstrate the ability to design conflict intervention procedures and strategies appropriate to a particular situation or environment
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate the efficacy of a given intervention or system of interventions
- Successfully participate in conflict management on a particular level in one or more specific environments.
The Master's program prepares students to identify and pursue opportunities for a new career based on conflict management expertise. The MSCM also provides students with enhanced credentials to pursue career advancement in an existing work environment.
For more information on specific classes, see our M.S. in Conflict Management degree information in the KSU Graduate Catalog.