An innovative leader in English Studies, the Department of English invites students to pursue career-sensitive degrees connected to writing, language, literature, film, and theory. The Department also encourages students to join a community of learners dedicated to thinking, writing, and reading critically and to making meaningful intellectual contributions to the larger world around them.
- Committing ourselves to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service,
- Developing interpretive skills through reading and thinking critically,
- Teaching analytical, argumentative, critical, and creative writing,
- Promoting diversity and a global perspective,
- Establishing collaborative and interdisciplinary learning environments,
- Encouraging humanistic values through practical application in service to the community,
- Supporting scholarship in a liberal arts tradition,
- Integrating technology into teaching, scholarship, and service.